Ϟ When and where is sTARTUp Day?
- sTARTUp Day will take place on 27-29 January 2021 in Tartu, Estonia. The venue address is UT Sports Hall, Ujula 4, Tartu. January 27 is the pre-events day which will be followed by two conference days. The doors to the venue open at 9:00 on January 28 and 29 and the program spans from 10:00–18:00.
Ϟ Who can attend sTARTUp Day?
- The event is open to all startup-minded people who are interested in entrepreneurship and business: entrepreneurs, investors, executives, students, scientists, innovators, programmers, marketers - you name it.
Ϟ How can I arrive at sTARTUp Day?
- You can arrive in Tartu by plane, train or bus. Tartu Airport has connecting flights with Helsinki Vantaa airport. You can also arrive in Tallinn (Estonia) or Riga (Latvia) airport and take a shuttle bus to Tartu.
- On the day of the event, we encourage you to arrive on foot or using public transport. The venue is located in the city center and is well connected by public transport. In Tartu we use a taxi platform called Bolt, which is the easiest way of catching a taxi. There’s also a public parking lot if you arrive by car. There's a parking fee from Monday to Friday from 8:00–18:00 in the centre of Tartu with the exception of public holidays.
Ϟ What is the weather like?
- The weather conditions in Tartu can be quite cold during the winter. Temperatures can drop below freezing especially during the night, and the average temperature is normally between –5 to 5 degrees Celcius. Please take the weather conditions into account when planning your trip and stay in Tartu.
Ϟ What should I wear at the event?
- There is no dress code for sTARTUp Day. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. The weather outside during the wintertime might be chilly so we recommend a warm coat and a scarf.
Ϟ Is there food and drinks at the event?
Yes, we will have several cafes and dining places open for the participants. Please notice that the food is not included in the ticket price. At the venue you can find free coffee, and also not so free coffee made by our marvelous coffee baristas. At the venue at all the places, you can pay either by cash or by card.
PS! Please, for the sake of our environment, take your own water bottle and a straw with you which you can refill on the venue. In addition, if you are a coffee lover, take a reusable coffee cup with you and get a sweet discount of every cup you drink.
Ϟ Can I use the photos taken at the event by the photographers?
- Yes, you may use the photos taken by photographers at the event if you credit the photographers and mention the name of the event (sTARTUp Day 2021). You may use the photos for media, publications, personal use etc. If possible, please use our festival hashtag #startupdayfest and #startupday2021.
Ϟ Where can I get sTARTUp Day tickets?
- Tickets for sTARTUp Day 2021 are available via www.startupday.ee/tickets
Ϟ What does a sTARTUp Day ticket include?
- A Visitor ticket grants you access to the 3-day festival experience, including the conference program, seminars, demo area, matchmaking, inspirational side events and official afterparties.
- The student ticket includes all of the visitor ticket features. ISIC Card will be strictly checked at the entrance.
- With a startup ticket, you gain early access to matchmaking, inclusion to the startup report, exclusive pre-events and the opportunity to apply to the sTARTUp Pitching competition on top of visitor ticket perks.
- Investor ticket gives you access to Investor Day, VIP reception, VIP lounge and a list of participating startups in addition to everything the visitor ticket has to offer.
- Executive ticket owners receive an invitation to the VIP reception, access to the VIP lounge, exclusive workshops and meetings, a list of participating startups and of course, all the visitor ticket perks.
Ϟ When is the latest I can purchase tickets?
- The tickets are limited to 4400 participants. Once the limit is reached the ticket sale will be closed. If there are tickets left, you can buy them during the festival at the venue. We encourage you to buy the tickets as soon as possible to secure access to the festival.
Ϟ Can I purchase the ticket at the venue?
- Yes, you can. We accept cash and card, however, if you pay by cash, please bring exact change.
Ϟ Can I buy a ticket now and tell the name of the attendee later?
- You can buy a ticket beforehand and add the name of the attendee later. To verify access to the festival, the ticket has to be assigned to an attendee. To do that, there is a link on the ticket “Check or change your registration details” which enables you to assign the ticket and insert other personal data required.
Ϟ Can I transfer my ticket to another person?
- Yes! On your ticket, there is a link “Check or change your registration details”. Please insert there new ticket owner information and send the ticket to a new ticket owner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Ϟ Can I upgrade my ticket type?
- Yes! Please contact email@example.com do to that.
Ϟ Is there a possibility to refund if I am not able to come?
- Unfortunately, the tickets are not refundable.
Ϟ Who are the sTARTUp Day 2021 speakers?
- Our speaker list is available and up to date on our subpage. We have international experts and local entrepreneurs speaking on various topics and in various forms - keynotes, panels, fireside chats, pitching, etc.
Ϟ Can I participate as a speaker?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org