When and where is sTARTUp Day?
- sTARTUp Day 2017 will be organised on 8th of December in Tartu, Estonia at Ahhaa Science Centre (Sadama 1, Tartu, Estonia).
- The event is open to everyone who are interested in entrepreneurship and business.
- sTARTUp Day is a business festival where old fish and newbies, traditional entrepreneurs and start uppers, government and media will loudly and proudly discuss about different business models. The topic of the festival is quite intriguing: how to earn if there is nothing to burn? We know that traditional entrepreneurs have criticized startups for burning investors’ money, but not for being brilliant at earning money. It is a festival where all the biggest community parties will joyfully end their year: discuss about important topics, network, pitch ideas and enjoy themselves.
- You can arrive to Tartu by plane, train or bus. Tartu Airport has connecting flights with Helsinki Vantaa airport. You can also arrive to Tallinn (Estonia) or Riga (Latvia) airport and take a shuttle bus to Tartu. Find out more HERE!
- At the day of the event we encourage you to arrive on foor or public transport. The venue is located in the city centre and is well connected with the public transport. There’s also a public parking lots if you arrive by car. Parking fee payment in the center of Tartu is necessary from Monday to Friday from 8.00 – 18.00, with the exception of public holidays.
- The weather conditions in Tartu can be quite cold during the winter. Temperatures can get freezing especially during the night, and the average temperature is normally between –3 to 3 degrees Celcius (26 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit). Please take the weather conditions into account when planning your trip and stay in Tartu.
- There is no dresscode for sTARTUp Day. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. The weather outside during the wintertime might be chilly so we recommend a warm coat and a scarf.
- Yes, Ahhaa Science Centre restaurant Newton is open for the participants. Please notice that the food is not included in the ticket price. There will be drinks and snacks in the networking area and around the venue.
- Yes, you may use the photos taken by photographers at the event if you credit the photographers and mention the name of the event (sTARTUp DAY 2017). You may use the photos for media, publications, personal use etc. If possible, please use our festival hashtag #startupdayfest
Where can I get sTARTUp Day tickets?
- The tickets to sTARTUp Day 2017 are available at www.startupday.ee.
What does sTARTUp Day ticket include?
- Festival pass (Summer Price, Early Bird, General Admission and Last Chance) includes access to the festival program on three stages and seminars, demo & partner area, theme rooms, networking & match-making areas.
When and where can I collect sTARTUp Day badge?
- You can collect your festival badge at the venue.
When is the latest I can purchase tickets?
- The tickets are limited to 2500 participants. Once the limit is reached the ticket sale will be closed. If there are tickets left, you can buy them during the festival at the venue. We encourage you to buy the tickets as soon as possible to secure access to the festival
Can I purchase the ticket at the venue?
- Only if there's tickets left. At sTARTUp Day 2016 the tickets sold out a few week before the event.
Can I buy a ticket now and tell the name of the attendee later?
- You can buy a ticket beforehand and add the name of the attendee later. To verify access to the festival the ticket has to be assigned to an attendee. The deadline for assigning attendees is at 31st of November
Is there a possibility to refund if I am not able to come?
- Unfortunately, the tickets are not refundable.
Can I transfer my ticket to another person?
- Transferring the ticket is possible until 31st of November 2017. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Who will be the speakers?
- Our speaker list is available and up to date on our subpage. We have international experts and local entrepreneurs speaking in all of our panels.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How can press be involved in this event?
- For press accreditation please fill out a form here.