When and where is sTARTUp Day?
- sTARTUp Day will take place on 23rd to 25th January in Tartu, Estonia.
Who can attend sTARTUp Day?
- The event is open to everyone who is interested in entrepreneurship and business: students, scientists, innovators, entrepreneurs, programmers, marketers and all the other open-minded people.
How can I arrive at sTARTUp Day?
- You can arrive in Tartu by plane, train or bus. Tartu Airport has connecting flights with Helsinki Vantaa airport. You can also arrive in Tallinn (Estonia) or Riga (Latvia) airport and take a shuttle bus to Tartu.
- On the day of the event, we encourage you to arrive on foot or public transport. The venue is located in the city center and is well connected with the public transport. There’s also a public parking lot if you arrive by car. Parking fee payment in the center of Tartu is necessary from Monday to Friday from 8.00 – 18.00, with the exception of public holidays.
What is the weather like?
- The weather conditions in Tartu can be quite cold during the winter. Temperatures can get freezing especially during the night, and the average temperature is normally between –3 to 3 degrees Celcius (26 to 37 degrees Fahrenheit). Please take the weather conditions into account when planning your trip and stay in Tartu.
What should I wear at the event?
- There is no dresscode for sTARTUp Day. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. The weather outside during the wintertime might be chilly so we recommend a warm coat and a scarf.
Is there food and drinks at the events?
- Yes, we will have several food trucks and dining places open for the participants. Please notice that the food is not included in the ticket price. There will be drinks and snacks in the networking area and around the venue.
Can I use the photos that are taken at the event by the photographers?
- Yes, you may use the photos taken by photographers at the event if you credit the photographers and mention the name of the event (sTARTUp Day 2019). You may use the photos for media, publications, personal use etc. If possible, please use our festival hashtag #startupdayfest .
Where can I get sTARTUp Day tickets?
What does sTARTUp Day ticket include?
- This year, we have four different ticket types:
1. Visitor pass includes access to the festival program on three stages and seminars, demo & partner area, theme rooms, networking & matchmaking areas and access to official afterparty.
2. Startup pass includes all the features from visitor ticket plus early access to matchmaking, inclusion to investors' startup report, exclusive pre-event and chance to apply for pitching.
3. Investor and executive passes includes all the features from visitor and startup pass plus a report about participating startups, access to exclusive events and VIP lounge.
When and where can I collect sTARTUp Day badge?
- You can collect your festival badge at the venue.
When is the latest I can purchase tickets?
- The tickets are limited to 4000 participants. Once the limit is reached the ticket sale will be closed. If there are tickets left, you can buy them during the festival at the venue. We encourage you to buy the tickets as soon as possible to secure access to the festival.
Can I purchase the ticket at the venue?
- Only if there are tickets left. In 2016 and 2017, the tickets sold out a few weeks before the event.
Can I buy a ticket now and tell the name of the attendee later?
- You can buy a ticket beforehand and add the name of the attendee later. To verify access to the festival the ticket has to be assigned to an attendee. The deadline for assigning attendees is at 31st of December 2018.
Is there a possibility to refund if I am not able to come?
- Unfortunately, the tickets are not refundable.
Can I transfer my ticket to another person?
- Transferring the ticket is possible until 31st of December 2018. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Who will be the speakers?
- Our speaker list is available and up to date on our subpage. We have international experts and local entrepreneurs speaking in all of our panels.
Can I participate as a speaker?
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org